Welcome

A 5 year old's dress up tea party!!

Last weekend I was able to be a part of one of the funnest things I have ever done in my life! A 5 year old birthday "dress up" tea party! I had such a blast helping to prepare for this party and also being the photographer! This most special event took quite a bit of planning that involved the efforts of several different women who pulled together to make it happen. It was a total success and every detail went flawlessly! This is a great idea for anyone who wants to do something unique and fun for their little girl! First, about a month beforehand, we got the birthday girl all "dolled" up and took her downtown to photograph her. This first photo is the one we used for her invitation. We wanted to show everyone what we had in mind when we said "dress up"! How cute!
This next photo is the end result of the downtown photo shoot, the invite!
...just had to throw in a couple more of my faves from that shoot! Work it girl!

Now on to the party! They had quite an array of jewels, bobbles and accessories to choose from....





Time for a photo shoot!!!







Don't you just LOVE the lipstick on the tea cup!! ?
Time to open presents !!!

You have no idea how loud the squealing was unless you were there! It was HILARIOUS!



The end result....a mess on the floor.
After doing this party I was reminded of an old photo I had of my grandmother when she was in kindergarten. (She is the one with the arrow pointing to her) This is one of my favorite old family photographs. It's called a "Tom Thumb" wedding. This photograph was taken in the 20's in Downtown Augusta on D'Antignac Street at a schoolhouse that has since been torn down (I believe I am correct on this so if I'm not, I'm sure one of my family members will correct me!)  I would LOVE to do one of these!! If anyone is interested in putting something like this together...PLEASE CONTACT ME! Let's do it!
Sadie, Happy Birthday to you my darling! You're Auntie Heather loves you very much!! Muah!

1 comments:

Jessica C Villemain said...

HEATHER! I LOVE THESE! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment